Friday, October 2, 2009

Sewing 102

So as I promised, I'm keeping you posted on my latest sewing projects.

I enrolled in yet another sewing class at Joann's Fabrics this time and I'm enjoying it very much. Our first project was to sew some pillow cases. I had some existing couch pillows that I wanted to make new covers for, so I thought this was a perfect opportunity. I picked a pretty fabric with blues and greens to match my moss colored couch as well as a creamy linen fabric because it's just so natural looking and raw. I'm thinking about screen printing a little something on it to make it blend more with the other pillow. Or I may just leave it as is. What do you think?


For my second class project I was to pick out some fabric for a tote bag, so Sara and I took a trip to downtown to visit Michael Levine. Such a great store with so many options! We also picked up some ribbon, buttons and a few other things that inspired us. I found some really beautiful fabric by Amy Butler (my hero) to make the reversible tote. It was a super easy and I was very happy with the outcome.


Next week...PJ pants. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails